Congratulations! You’re going to propose… and they’re going to say yes. So, right away, let’s say goodbye to some stress.
At Tapper’s Jewelry, we know that choosing an engagement ring can be one of the biggest decisions of your life – right after choosing the person you want to spend it with. And that’s why we work to make it easier. Let our team of dedicated bridal experts help you from start to finish, starting now.
Before you buy, let Tapper’s be your guide. Here’s what our engagement ring experts recommend:
- Set a budget you’re comfortable with. According to The Knot, people who popped the question in 2017 proposed with a ring that cost, on average, $6,351. But… that doesn’t mean you have to. Decide how much you’re willing and able to spend on an engagement ring. And remember, there are no rules here. It’s all about you and what you can afford. (Also remember that if you need them, there are financing options available, like the Tapper’s signature credit card.)
- Snoop through your future fiancée’s jewelry box. What color metal do they wear most often? What shapes are the stones? Does their taste seem very tailored or on the fancier side, classic versus contemporary? It’s important to pay attention to the styles they’ve purchased in the past, because it can help you pick a piece for their future.
- Decide on a ring size. If you can sneak one of their rings into the jewelry store, they’ll be able to tell you what size it is. Try to be as accurate as possible, but if you can’t, it’s safer to go a little larger. After all, it’s better to buy too big than too small, so it still fits on their finger. Then, bring it in for a free fitting.
- Learn the language of diamond buying. Did you know every diamond has a specific cut, color, clarity, and carat size? You don’t need the best across all categories, but you do need to decide what’s most important to you. (We recommend cut, because that determines how much it will sparkle.) So, before you buy an engagement ring, take a crash course in the 4C’s.
- After you compare diamonds, compare prices. Once you think you’ve found the one, it could pay to shop around. Literally. We offer a Tapper’s Exclusive Best Price Guarantee, which means if you find a diamond of the same size and quality for a better price, we’ll beat it… and give you 10% of the price difference. So, why not try to get the best, for less?
Ready to take the next step? Just walk into any Tapper’s store. Now through December 31, 2018, you’ll SAVE $500 ON YOUR COMPLETE ENGAGEMENT RING PURCHASE OF $2,000 OR MORE. Get your exclusive offer, and we’ll see you soon.